Friday, September 15, 2006

Braised tofu



Tonight's sauce to marinate hard tofu is my usual (a little teriyaki sauce, chicken stock from a cube, garlic, spring onions, ginger and sesame oil) with a few extras (some plum juice from canned fruit and half a leftover tomato). I marinate for a little time-- or a long time-- then simmer for a while, thickening at the end with some cornstarch. Served with rice; stir-fried green beans, snow peas and baby bok choy; and some fresh beetroot (can you tell I've just been to the markets?!)

At the secondhand shop at the markets I found these bowls decorated with fish. They make me almost as happy as the kids' chopsticks I recently found at a toy shop! I've been looking for these for ages.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love, love the dishes!!! And the kids chopsticks are way cool too! :oD
-kentuckymama