Sunday, November 05, 2006

New camera!




For our wedding anniversary we decided to buy a new camera. I went in to the store and said, 'I'm looking for a compact camera for taking good close-ups of food' (thus identifying myself as a fruitcake) and this is what they recommended: a Canon ixus 750. I really like it. The macro function for taking close-ups, however, does require some fiddling to get just right, but I'm enjoying having more control over the image.

Our larger-than-life dinner tonight was stir-fried vegies with Sanitarium stir-fry strips. These is a new faux beef product made from soy protein. I wouldn't buy it again -- tastes too chemical. Kids were non-plussed as well. I much prefer pre-marinated tofu as a convenience product.

For dessert we had rockmelon and strawberries and the Best Yogurt In The Entire World. Oh man is this delicious! And you can even read the label from the photo can't you? I will save my glowing reports about King Island Dairy for another day, but those readers who might have grown up in Wisconsin and are dairy tasting experts (you know who you are!) will definitely have to visit this island when they come visit me!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOA!! Nice photos...gorgeous!
~KYmama

Anonymous said...

I am in! Can't wait. I am somewhat of a yogurt expert as well these days! The camera is great. Even looks 3-D. Happy Anniversary to you and DH.