Sunday, July 02, 2006

Sunday night dinner



Nigella (Lawson) let me down tonight. I used her recipe for one-pan chicken and though I liked all the ingredients, I disagree with the one pan! You place chicken on top of cubed potatoes, quartered red capsicum, red onions, and -- count them -- 16 unpeeled garlic cloves. I found the result tasty but too oily from the chicken fat. Next time I'd put them in separate dishes. The roasted red capsicum was a treat with the potatoes, and the garlic cloves were divinely soft and sweet, to squeeze out onto the chicken. My kids love garlic... they each had 6 cloves and were disappointed there weren't more!

The salad was baby spinach leaves, baby Roma tomatoes and avocado.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love it when the potatoes, onion, and bell peppers are covered in oil ..YUM! I just add extra salt for a really rich taste :-D