Friday, June 15, 2007

Cooking beans in advance


Tomorrow we're having friends for lunch. Dear Husband (DH) wants to make a Peter Singer save-the-planet dal. I'm feeling adventurous so am making lots of Indian side dishes. This afternoon I made raita and green beans. I love this recipe for green beans because it calls for 10 cloves of garlic and even more ginger!
I don't usually add chili to my Indian food these days. My kids are fine with the other spices usually and then the adults can add chili later.
More pictures tomorrow as I cook. I'm hoping to make naan. The dough (made of yogurt, milk and flour) will be made in the bread machine. They will be baked in a very hot oven on a pizza stone.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

All the Indian dishes were gorgeous, but the naan deserve an extra mention. They turned out like a dream, and the utensils used to prepare them were very attractive too.
Thanks Home-ecky Becky!

A lucky friend (LK)