Sunday, November 19, 2006

200th post!




Wow, this is my 200th post! So what did I have for dinner to celebrate?


It was a warm and summery day, so I made a fresh Japanese noodle salad which I haven't made since last summer. I've changed it quite a bit from the Australian Women's Weekly Japanese cookbook so I feel I can include the recipe:
Dressing:
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1/4 cup rice vinegar
2 teaspoons soy sauce
1 teaspoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
Salad:
250 g buckwheat noodles, boiled then drained and rinsed with cool water
250 g green beans, cooked with the noodles
2 red capsicum, sliced thinly
~300g pre-packaged marinated tofu (today, the tofu had some chopped vegies in it)
chopped spring onions
pink ginger
sesame seeds
Toss together and serve cold, with more ginger and spring onions for sprinkling on top.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Delish! The recipe is printed and in my queue. Thanks for sharing.