Sunday, July 23, 2006

Bread machine book








Wow this is a great book. It's by the same author as my recent favorite The Ultimate Rice Cooker Cookbook. I made the polenta-sunflower-millet bread, and I am not joking: my 7-year old son asked to have it for dessert, and went down on his knees and pretended to worship it. This is half wholemeal bread with whole millet in it for heaven sakes... and yes I made it for him again the next day. Currently I'm making walnut-oatmeal bread .. it was supposed to have sunflowers but my kids don't like them so much. I would like to try the following:

Toasted sesame-whole wheat (100% whole-wheat with sesame oil and seeds)
Dakota (from Cafe Latte in St Paul MN, containing bulgur wheat and sunflower, sesame, pumpkin and poppy seeds)
Whole-grain daily bread (made from leftover cooked whole grains such as brown rice)
Stonehenge bread (with millet, bulgur, polenta, rye, oats and whole wheat)

2 comments:

Ozegrrl said...

I have gotten both books from the library, but next time I go to the US I'm going to buy them from amazon.com because they are both fantastic.

Anonymous said...

I want a bread machine....:o/

faux couture -there are "to do lists", "to do one day lists", "to do asap lists" and then there are "I wish to do lists"....not a one of mine is ever complete. However, I have been known to to pitch a list and start over and over and over and over and over....:oP