Monday, March 13, 2006

Spanish tapas potluck dinner


For my birthday potluck dinner (theme: Spanish tapas) I made Hot mama mushrooms (mushrooms cooked with 1/2 c chicken stock, garlic, chopped chili, spring onions and a squirt of lemon, then served warm with extra-virgin olive oil) and red capsicums (slowly cooked with sliced garlic and fresh thyme, and again, served warm with EV-OO). I bought gorgeous green olives from the Portuguese deli, and some Italian crusty bread to mop up the juices.

My (anonymously named) girlfriends brought:

Kazza: salmon pate and fried haloumi
Lizza: potato, egg and vegie frittata
Tazza: marinated baby octupi, feta stuffed capsicums, cardamon & pear tart, pink cupcakes

One of the required attributes to be my friend is to be a good cook, so we had a delicious evening!

No comments: